Last updated and effective: 11 February 2021
This Policy also explains how we intend to use and share that information, how we protect that information, and how you can opt out of a use or correct or change such information.
Since MathforMoney is a family website and App, we want to be clear and transparent about what information we collect, why we collect it, and how we use that information.
If any changes are made to this policy we will notify you via email.
Definition of terms
- Website - the MathforMoney website, www.mathformoney.app (the “Website”)
- Application - the MathforMoney application for a mobile phone or any other device (the “Application”)
- Services - means the applications, websites, content, products and services made available by MathforMoney;
Acceptance of terms
What information do we collect?
We may choose to collect the following information:
- Personal data to create your account
- Email address and email preferences
- Usage information
- Log data and device information
- Cookies and similar technologies
Your children’s information
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) prohibits online service providers from knowingly collecting personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age without verifiable parental consent or notice as applicable (“Consent”). Children under the age of 13 are prohibited from using certain features of the Service without Consent.
We are committed to protecting children’s online privacy and complying fully with COPPA. We do not collect any personally identifiable information anywhere on the Sites or Apps except where expressly stated. We believe that children should be able to use the Internet in a safe, productive and efficient manner and should be afforded the highest protection available with respect to their Personal Information.
We collect the following information about your child through our Application:
- A username
- Their age
The sole purpose of a username is to link a child’s sub-account to the parent’s account where we capture the parent’s email address. We capture no information to be able to contact a child.
Should a parent wish to access or delete the information we’ve collected from their children they can do so by contacting us by email at [email protected] email must contain all of the following:
- the parent and account holder’s email address
- the child’s username
- the parent’s relationship to the child.
We commit to the following principles regarding how we respect our users’ personal data:
- We will NOT knowingly collect, use, or distribute personal information from children under the age of 13 without prior verifiable consent from the parent or guardian (Primary Account holder).
- We will NOT knowingly ask a child under the age of 13 to divulge more information than is needed to use any MathforMoney service.
- We will NOT knowingly provide any direct link to websites that we feel are unsuitable for children or teens.
- There is currently no place on the MathforMoney website where a child could share any personal information outside of the Primary Account and Sub-Account(s). Should that change, we will advise children under the age of 13 that they MUST obtain permission from their parent or guardian before sharing ANY personal information.
Your control over the information
MathforMoney gives you the choice of providing, editing or removing certain information, as well as choices about how we contact you.
You may change or correct your family’s account information through your account settings within the MathforMoney app. You can also request the deletion of the personal information in your account.
You can email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to share it with you unless we are prohibited by law from doing so.
You can also request at any time details to be amended if they are deemed to be incorrect i.e. your email addresses.
How do we protect your and your family’s information?
To protect your and your family’s information we also:
- Use full login and security question controls on our system.
- Ensure that access to your information is limited to those who need it in order to do their job.
- Ensure that all our employees sign a confidentiality clause as part of their terms of employment.
- Regularly review and update our privacy controls and policy.
What do we do with the information?
We use the information we collect to provide a safer, reliable and convenient MathforMoney experience. The information we collect from you will be used for the following purposes:
- Processing your account application
- Processing payments into your child’s account
- Contacting you when we need to
- Fraud detection and research
- Complying with legal and regulatory requirements
- Sending out MathforMoney updates (if you have opted in to receive these)
- To improve our service and better understand our business. For example, to carry out statistical analysis, anonymising personal data and publishing the results in an aggregated form (i.e. pocket money stats etc), or using data for internal management reporting and metrics
How your data is secured
We take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorised destruction of data collected.
We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
Data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Your account information is protected by a password. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the Service). It is important that you protect against unauthorised access to your account and information by choosing your password carefully and by keeping your password and computer secure, such as by signing out after using the Service.
Will you pass my or my family’s data onto third parties?
MathforMoney will never pass your or your family’s details to a third party for marketing purposes without your permission. The circumstances in which we share any of your family’s personal information with others are:
When working with our partners such as our card processor, issuing Bank, payment services provider, risk and security system providers.
- If we ask research companies to contact you for your opinion on our services, in which case we would only give them the necessary details.
- If we sell MathforMoney to another company, our data records are part of our business.
- In response to subpoenas, court orders or legal process, to the extent permitted and as restricted by law;
- When disclosure is required to maintain the security and integrity of the MathforMoney website or mobile app, or to protect any user’s security or the security of other persons, consistent with applicable laws;
- When disclosure is requested by the registered member who input the personal information;
In limited circumstances, if required, MathforMoney may disclose your email address to comply with laws and regulations.
How we interact with 3rd party websites
We work with third party service providers Google Analytics to better understand users' use of the service and to improve it. Google Analytics does not share this data with any other third parties.
What about Cookies?
When you visit any web site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser or device, mostly in the form of cookies. This information might be about you, your preferences or your device and is mostly used to make the site work as you expect it to. The information does not usually directly identify you, but it can give you a more personalised web experience.
Because we respect your right to privacy, you can choose not to allow some types of cookies. However, blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of the site and the services we are able to offer.
- Google Analytics
- Facebook Advertising
- Google Advertising